Marjan Yard - II Project - Sohar, Oman
Ethylene Glycol Unit & Ethylene Recovery Unit for Indian Oil Corporation at Paradip Refinery in Odisha, India
NLRNC - RT2 Project for Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
Marjan Yard -II Project -Sohar, Oman
Crude & Vacuum Distillation Unit (CDU/VDU) for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, Vizag Refinery at Andhra Pradesh, India
New 48” Crude Transit Line from North Kuwait to CMM (TL-5) Project for KOC, Kuwait
Onshore PAU & PAR Modules for Clean Fuels Project – Thai Oil
India’s 1st & World’s 2nd Largest Off –Gas to Ethanol (3G Ethanol) Plant, IOCL Panipat Refinery, India
Cairn Oil & Gas: Upstream Onshore : Gas Processing
Offshore Substation Platform
L&T’s Hydrocarbon business, under L&T’s Energy portfolio, offers integrated ‘design-to-build’ solutions for complex onshore and offshore hydrocarbon projects across multiple geographies. Its track record includes simultaneous execution of multiple, complex, large-value projects meeting stringent delivery schedules, quality, and safety norms. In-house capabilities are complemented by partnerships with global leaders, while its competitive strengths in project management, engineering, procurement, fabrication, manufacturing, construction, installation, and commissioning, combined with best-inclass QHSE standards, enable it to consistently deliver on all parameters.
Safety and Quality are our core values and are an integral part of our business. The company continues its efforts to build a positive safety and quality culture. We believe that every incident is preventable. Our ‘Zero Incident’ credo implies that we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace without adversely affecting the environment. QHSE Digitalization was one of the prime focus areas in the Year.
During FY 2022-23, we continued our efforts to set new benchmarks in Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) by:
- Achieving an LTI frequency rate of 0.03 against an industry average of 0.15 (OGP value for 2021)
- Organizing a Future Ready HSE Symposium in collaboration with Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization (PESO)
- Launching of the digital initiative, Interactive Virtual Reality (VR) Simulation Training on Pre-commissioning & Commissioning Activities
- Starting learning sessions on past incidents - ‘Learn, Unlearn and Relearn’ programme for encouraging lateral learning and emphasis on corrective actions
- Enhancing Quality culture with the launch of ‘Qurated’- a long-term programme to provide opportunities for curated learnings on best practices, innovations and lessons learnt, webinars on subjects-on-demand, campaigns to address frictional areas and awareness trainings
- Rolling out of Behavior Based Procedure that is focused on addressing the antecedents for At-Risk Behaviours on site for a sustainable Safety Culture
- Developing Project Quality Index (PQI) Module to monitor Quality performance of Projects
1 Construction Services
7 Modular Fabrication
1 Asset Management
3 Construction Services
2 Modular Fabrication
Awards & Recognition
- Receiving 19 HSE and 2 Quality awards from prestigious industry bodies and forums domestically and internationally
- Receiving 5 Certificates of Appreciation from clients for HSE and Quality performance and project safety milestones
- Construction Services
- Modular Fabrication
- Asset Management
- Offshore Wind Business
The business undertakes FEED and EPCIC projects encompassing the entire hydrocarbon value chain – from oil & gas production to processing. Its comprehensive engineering capabilities span the complete project life cycle, while its in-house modular fabrication facilities at three strategic locations impart flexibility in project control and cost-competitiveness. LTS 3000, a heavy-lift-cum-pipelay vessel and LTB 300, a pipelay-cum-work barge help expedite offshore installation, ensuring on-time completion of projects.
- Process complexes and wellhead platforms
- Gas compression modules
- Subsea pipelines and systems
- Brownfield and upgradation projects
- Living quarters platforms
- FPSO modules and jack-up rigs
- Decommissioning solutions
- Deepwater subsea manifolds and structures
- Transportation and installation services
The business has in-house FEED, process and detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning (EPCC) capabilities built over three decades, delivering execution excellence for its customers worldwide. It has experience in executing projects based on technologies from leading global process licensors and also undertakes projects on a License + EPCC package basis, depending on the client’s requirements.
- Upstream oil & gas processing and treatment facilities
- Petroleum refining projects
- Fertilizer projects
- Petrochemical projects
- Cross-country pipelines and terminals
- Cryogenic storage tanks and regasification terminals
- Coal / pet-coke gasification projects
The business offers turnkey construction of refinery, petrochemical, fertilizer projects, gas-gathering stations, cross-country oil & gas pipelines, and terminals, including LNG and oil storage tanks and underground cavern storage systems for LPG.
It offers innovative construction solutions with cutting-edge technology and digital monitoring. Its major capabilities include heavy-lift equipment erection competency, application of advanced welding technologies with high levels of automation, management of manpower and material in large volumes at construction sites and Quality / HSE systems conforming to international practices. Most projects executed are more than 10 million construction man-hours, cumulating to 100 million+ man hours in a year.
- Pile foundations
- Complete civil and structural work, including pre-casting
- Plant and non-plant buildings, including pre-cast buildings
- Piping and mechanical works, including modular construction/ erection
- Complete electrical & instrumentation works
- Tankages including LNG tanks
- Cross-country and field development pipelines
The business offers comprehensive Modular Solutions primarily for Offshore and Onshore Oil & Gas Industry and Offshore Wind Farm Projects. It leverages rich and extensive experience of engineering and integrated project management systems of EPC businesses in combination with its world-class modular fabrication expertise.
Three strategically located Modular Fabrication Facilities at Hazira (India’s west coast), Kattupalli (India’s east coast) and Sohar (Oman) are equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and machinery for operations, fine-tuned execution procedures supported with digitalized processes and robust QHSE performance and have a combined annual capacity of around 200,000 MT (depending on the product mix). These facilities are accredited with global certifications and pre-qualifications from various Oil & Gas majors. These all-weather, waterfront facilities with captive load-out jetties offer year-round delivery of complex, large and heavy modules, structures & equipment on ocean-going vessels and barges providing logistical flexibility, on-time delivery and cost competitive solutions.
A Piping shop and the newly launched heavy-wall pressure vessel manufacturing shop in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will cater to the local market and help in developing local skills.
Structures & modules for Oil & Gas and Wind Farm projects including Deepwater subsea structures, jack-up rigs and Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPU)
Process & Piperack modules, skids, LNG modules, structures, static equipment, modular specialty furnaces, prefabricated control rooms / substation buildings (E-houses)
^ ADVANCED VALUE ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
AdVENT is one of the business verticals established in order to offer value added solutions to clients. It adds new dimensions in the areas of modular solutions, cutting-edge hydrocarbon technologies, hydrocarbon and specialty chemical industries.
Leveraging expertise in high-end engineering and execution of large-scale, technologically complex EPC projects over three decades and collaborating with well-organized R&D centres and renowned institutions, AdVENT strives to deliver comprehensive customer-centric solutions for the entire value chain of the Hydrocarbon and emerging industries for the future.
AdVENT’s technical capabilities and agility enable it to offer associated tailored value engineering solutions such as product modularization, supporting customers in re-purposing study of existing assets and adoption to energy transition.
- Full-spectrum engineering
- Technology co-development and commercialisation
- Strategic project delivery
- Integrated modular solutions
- Emerging technology-driven and innovative business models covering refinery technologies and sustainable waste-to-energy solutions
The Asset Management (AM) business delivers differentiated and value-adding services across a wide spectrum of solutions to hydrocarbon and allied process industries. These comprehensive Asset Management solutions extend the organization’s design, engineering, construction, and commissioning capabilities to cover operations, maintenance, performance enhancement and health assessment of critical assets. Thus, the business complements the organization’s EPC project offerings for mutually beneficial engagement with clients over the entire lifecycle of assets.
The Asset Management portfolio provides a holistic approach to the solution delivery model and is built based on three key differentiators, viz., comprehensive and cohesive processes, robust competence assurance plan and appropriate digital enablement
- Asset management consulting
- Asset management (Operation & Maintenance) outsourcing
- Asset integrity services
- Asset performance improvement
- Specialised services (start-up / commissioning, shutdown and turnaround, decommissioning, etc.)
The Offshore Wind Business is a new vertical of L&T Energy’s portfolio. Over the past 3 decades, L&T Energy has delivered vast and complex projects within stringent schedules and budgets across diverse geographies. L&T Power Transmission and Distribution has established credentials in the execution of substation projects. L&T Energy and L&T Power Transmission & Distribution have come together to leverage the synergy of experiences and capabilities to broaden its offerings for offshore wind projects.
Our strategic tie-ups with technology partners, OEMs, and prequalification by renowned developers across the globe, gives us an edge to a reliable and preferred partner. With a commitment to excellence and a focus on offering innovative solutions, our Offshore Wind Business is poised to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of offshore wind energy.
- Offshore Substations
- HVDC Substation
- HVAC Substation
- Fixed Foundations
- Monopile and Transition piece
- Jacket with suction piles
- Jacket with pin piles
- Floater Foundation